2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 cup diced leeks or onions
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
3 cups mushrooms
½ cup finely chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
2 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
3 bay leaves
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
½ cup finely chopped parsley
1-2 cups of cooked white beans
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and cook garlic and leek or onion over medium heat until soft.
- Add carrot, celery, mushrooms, basil, oregano, bay leaves and tomato sauce, beans salt and parsley.
- Cook for 15-30 minutes until moisture has evaporated and dish is reduced and thickened.
- Bake in oven (350F) for 15 minutes until heated through
- Serve along side whole grain pasta or enjoy on its own.
That's all the news from the farm for this week. Until next time, Keep Livin' on the Veg!