2013 Garden Coaching Internships... and a Sustainable Business Opportunity
Garden Jane (www.gardenjane.com) and The Cutting Veg have teamed up to offer an exciting, new Joint Internship Program. The internship program is targetted to those who want to deepen their community development and gardening skills, as well as their coaching skills. Ideally some of our interns have an interest in joining our team in a paid capacity as an Associate Garden Coach in future as well.
Currently, we are working with The Daniels Corporation (www.danielshomes.ca) to integrate community gardens into many of their condos across the GTA. Our role is to help get the gardens up and running, and help the Gardening Committees learn to manage the garden. Engaging with these gardens and their communities will be a core component of this year's internship.
Garden Jane and The Cutting Veg are currently looking to train 2-4 individuals to become garden coaches. To become a lead garden coach will require an internship process of 1 year minimum, to develop the necessary community development and agricultural skills and knowledge. Upon completion of the internship, one may qualify to become a paid Associate. Associate compensation will be negotiated on a contract-by-contract basis, following completion of the internship.
- Solid foundation of gardening skills
- Experience supporting/mentoring people in a professional context
- Open minded, enthusiastic, punctual, reliable, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability 1-2 days per week, starting beginning of March, 2013.
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle is not required for the internship, but will be required to become a paid Associate.
- Email Daniel Hoffmann to request our "Intern to Associate Overview" document.
- If still interested after reading the “Intern to Associate Overview", submit current resume, cover letter, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Feb 22nd.
- Chosen applicants will be contacted by Feb 24th for an interview.