The Backyard Farm & Market at Erin Mills
The Cutting Veg, Garden Jane, and The Daniels Corporation are hosting a new Farmer's Market in Erin Mills! Our Market will run every Saturday from 10am-2pm starting June 8th. Local farmers, producers and artisans alike will join our community food hub to bring the Mississauga area amazing local foods, chemical-free produce, and scrumptious delicacies! There will be live music, entertainment and gardening opportunities to enjoy weekly! Set in front of a ravine on 1.5 acres of land, we are your farm-getaway right in the city!
What else is happening at The Backyard?
There's something for everyone at The Backyard! Bring the family for a day of fun and interact with:
- Our Straw-bale veggie garden
- Free & Fun Kids Food Education Programs
- Outdoor Waste-Free Kitchen and Picnic area
- Recreation and Play Spaces including Straw Bale forts, and labyrinth!
We are located on the North East corner of Eglinton Ave. West & Erin Mills Pkwy at 2475 Eglinton Ave. West, Mississauga.
We're new to the neighborhood! Please help us spread the word!
- Forward this email to your friends and neighbours
- Share this link through Social Media: COOL STUFF HAPPENING AT THE BACKYARD! https://www.facebook.com/TheBackyardFarmMarket
- Tweet us! @EMBackyardFarm
Interested in helping out at The Backyard Farm & Market at Erin Mills? We will be on the farm from 9am-3pm on June 2nd, 4th, and 7th. RSVP to email@example.com, and be sure to bring your lunch, snacks, drinking water, lots of layers to adapt to the changing weather conditions, suscreen, and a hat. Tools and golves are provided, and we work rain or shine. Looking forward to seeing you at The Backyard!
Recipe: Rhubarb Lemonade (www.thecuttingveg.com/recipes)
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon rind
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice
Keep Livin' on the Veg!